Our website address is: https://demowebsite4.net/gcmc-cabuyao
Global Care Medical Center of LAGUNA (GCMCL) is committed to protect and respect your personal data privacy. We are at the forefront of not only implementing but also complying with the Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and its Implementing Rules
and Regulations. This Notice embodies how we may collect, use, retain and disclose your personal or sensitive health information as well as your rights as owners of this personal data.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION AND PURPOSE:
In giving of personal information (names, age, date of birth, gender, address, email, contact number, family member/relative, guardian information) are necessary to serve as reference in all information needed during your stay in the facility with assurance of confidentiality.
Collection through interview, writing, email, telephone calls, and SMS messaging are the different processes acknowledged by the management with vigilant monitoring on confidentiality.
DISCLOSURE AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
All information collected are disclosed to other Health Care affiliated Facilities or Company with whom have joint agreements, or to non- affiliated third parties for the purpose of providing services with customer authorization and as may be required/authorized by Law.
Global Care Medical Center of Bay secured measures to prevent personal information from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
DATA RETENTION PERIOD:
All personal information are no longer needed for the purpose for which it were obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy, permanently de-identify or anonymize it. However, as mandated by law most Health Information must store with minimum of fifteen (15) years.
HOW TO ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
Accessing Personal Data or Health Information to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions as provided by law. If you wish to do so, please inform us in writing. Let us know if you have queries, complaints, suggestion regarding this Privacy Notice. You may reach us through the following:
1. Secure consent before collection, processing and disclosure of patient information including health information, photos or videos, any audio recorded conversation.
2. Ensure that all data collected is accurate, relevant and not excessive on intended purpose.
3. Hold personal information about patient only when necessary.
4. Respect confidentiality and the rights of patient.
5. Treat personal information held about patient or individuals as though it were held about you.
6. Use caution about giving results over the phone and media platforms.
7. Ensure protection of devices, choose strong passwords and make them confidential.
8. Avoid using patient names in hallways and public areas; use a private space to discuss patient health condition.
9. Data sharing of patient health information or management must be limited to health care team.
10. Ensure that data collected is kept secured, not only from unauthorized access, but from fire and other hazards.
11. Ensure that you have a contract in place when sharing personal data with other organization
12. Use appropriate measures to disposal of confidential information.
13. Report immediately any accidental or deliberate release of person
1. Do not disclose any confidential information about patient, individuals, or the organization to the external organization without the explicit consent and approval.
2. Do not disclose any information about patient health records over the telephone unless authorized and consented.
3. Do not talk about patient health condition or individuals in public places where others may overhear.
4. Do not leave patient charts or any sensitive documents unattended where others can access them.
5. Do not store patient records or confidential documents to unsecured place or room.
6. Do not post patient photos and health records, and anything libelous, defamatory, offensive, or abusive on social media.
7. Do not take photos, videos, and audio recording without explicit consent of parties involved within the hospital premises.
8. Do not use personal data held for one purpose for a different purpose without permission of the person or parties involved.
9. Do not erase, alter any personal data and confidential documents without permission.
10. Do not use email or media platforms for sending unencrypted confidential documents.
11. Do not dispose or delete any patient health record or organizational information/documents without the approval.
Violations on above conditions shall be subject to sanction and penalties under the Republic Act No. 10173 or The Data Privacy Act of 2012 with maximum penalties ranging from 3 years to 6 years imprisonment and One Million Pesos (P 1,000,000) to Five Million Pesos (P 5,000,000) fine.